Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Return from the Mainland

Forgive me for disappearing! I was in China for a month, count it - FOUR weeks, 30 days. I didn't think I would be able survive it, but it turns out that having Facebook blocked and a million other distractions removed for that period time was extremely refreshing. We went to Dalian, China, a small coastal city in northeast China. A little part of me actually misses it! Aside from the unbelievable amount of litter scattered EVERYWHERE (which I discovered is a result of there being a immense LACK of trashcans on the streets), the reckless, almost suicidal driving and lack of traffic laws, Chinese men walking with belly's out and shirts up, people whose outfits look as though every well-known designer threw up on them, and intimidating bartering practices, I will seriously miss the ridiculously good food, adorable produce markets, rows and rows of random shops, the stray dogs and cats, the cheap EVERYTHING, the popsicles and of course, my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment